- About Eddie and Cat Greyhound
- ** Travelling with your dog! **
- Dog Friendly South - West
- Dog Friendly Dorset
- Dog Friendly Devon and Cornwall
- Dog Friendly Hampshire and Sussex
- Dog Friendly Midlands
- Events we have attended!
- Camping and Exploring Publications
- Friends of Camping and Exploring with Dogs (Companies we LOVE!!!)
- Product Reviews
- The Camping and Exploring with Dogs Greyt Charity Dog Meet 2013
- Our Videos! (Opens in Youtube)
- Pedigree Joint Care + 6 Week Trial - My Journal
- 1000 Greyhounds 2012 & 1000 Sighthounds 2013
Tuesday, 23 August 2011
The Greyhound inn Corfe castle BH20 5EZ
Went to the greyhound inn on a sunday evening in August, as we were camping down the road at Norden farm and having two greyhounds in tow it seemed only natural to pay them a visit.
Looked at the menu before we left home and made our choices on what to eat. When we arrived we went through the front door and had a few minutes of confusion trying to find where the garden was hiding. Directions by a member of staff took us down a corridor and up a "secret passage" to a seating area and beyond that the garden area. and AMAZING views of Corfe castle and of the steam trains running past.
We went to order but they didnt have what I wanted as they had ran out of haloumi :( however asked if I could have the meal with a different cheese and they agreed to do it with goats cheese instead - yay!! :) so I ended up with "Grilled Goat Cheese Salad on a Spicy Couscous Rocket and Parsley Salad, Sweet Stuffed Red Peppers with Cream Cheese, Sun Blushed Tomatoes and our Speciality Dressing with Herb Croutons"
It was scrummy. The stuffed peppers were quite spicy (especially as I thought they were just red bell peppers at 1st but once I got over the shock they were really nice), My brother had the Homemade Smoked Haddock and Salmon Fish Cakes with Chunky Chips. Seasonal Salad and Homemade Tartar Sauce.
There was alot of dogs in the garden enjoying the warm evening and they're also allowed inside the pub. and after all it is named after the best breed of dog in the world :)
Posted by Camping and Exploring with Dogs