Guest Post by Bessie Basset and Sam the Hooman
Giants Head Farm Caravan and Camping
Old Sherbourne Road
Cost us £19 for 2 adults, 2 children and 2 dogs to camp. And that was in August.
Campsite was very quiet, if you have dogs you have to camp right in the bottom corner but that’s OK we would probably have chosen that spot anyway and it’s not big enough that you have a long walk to the toilet block from there.
From the campsite you are a couple of minutes drive away from the village of Cerne Abbas and the chalk man.
The Wessex Ridgeway passes through the back of the campsite and is lovely for off lead walking. The only downside might be walkers passing right behind your tent but when we stayed it was very quiet and we only met one pair of ramblers passing through.
The ladies toilet was a bit grim to be honest, there was no toilet paper and the bulb had gone so you had to take your own paper and a torch but hubby says the gents was very clean and well stocked so maybe it’s normally better. But there was a shower with hot water and a hairdryer and a separate area for laundry and washing up.
There is no play area for children, ball games are not permitted up the top end of camp and dogs are not supposed to leave the dog area but the dog area is large enough that you can play ball games and climb trees without getting into trouble, and we did sneak up to the toilet block with the dogs a couple of times and nobody noticed.
All in all we would recommend this site, it was cheap (for the area), quiet (til we arrived) and the surroundings are beautiful.
- About Eddie and Cat Greyhound
- Dog Friendly South - West
- Dog Friendly Dorset
- Dog Friendly Devon and Cornwall
- Dog Friendly Hampshire and Sussex
- Dog Friendly Midlands
- Events we have attended!
- Camping and Exploring Publications
- Friends of Camping and Exploring with Dogs (Companies we LOVE!!!)
- Product Reviews
- The Camping and Exploring with Dogs Greyt Charity Dog Meet 2013
- Our Videos! (Opens in Youtube)
- Pedigree Joint Care + 6 Week Trial - My Journal
- Essential Equipment for Camping and Exploring with Dogs *work in progress*
- Rainbow Bridge