Blaise Castle Estate
Kings Weston Road
Blaise castle is 650 acres of park land - its huuuuge. Theres a real big field and plenty of footpaths and walks that run both through the woods and down past rivers and ponds, they are real nice walks all year round but the paths do get a bit slippy when we have ice and snow on the ground. It has 2 big play parks too and the Blaise house museum although dogs aren't allowed in these.
There's a cafe on site which sales the usual chips, burgers, cakes, ice creams, etc. and the 150 capacity car park is free and open from 0730am all year (closing varies depending on season).
There's a dog water bowl outside the cafe (by the car park) but this is the only water bowl available - the taps in the toilet only run hot so you cant fill your own bowl unless you bring a bottle of water with you (which we recommend).
When we have nice weather and weekends and school holidays it gets real busy at Blaise with people spending the whole day on site, we have even seen people put up marquees and tables and chairs here.
Nice country walk in close driving distance from Bristol city centre and surrounding areas. Great place for the whole family. It has the parks for the kids from young babies to late teens, the museum for the adults, nice walks and relaxing picnic area for the pups and their hoomans.
- About Eddie and Cat Greyhound
- Dog Friendly South - West
- Dog Friendly Dorset
- Dog Friendly Devon and Cornwall
- Dog Friendly Hampshire and Sussex
- Dog Friendly Midlands
- Events we have attended!
- Camping and Exploring Publications
- Friends of Camping and Exploring with Dogs (Companies we LOVE!!!)
- Product Reviews
- The Camping and Exploring with Dogs Greyt Charity Dog Meet 2013
- Our Videos! (Opens in Youtube)
- Pedigree Joint Care + 6 Week Trial - My Journal
- Essential Equipment for Camping and Exploring with Dogs *work in progress*
- Rainbow Bridge