- About Eddie and Cat Greyhound
- Dog Friendly South - West
- Dog Friendly Dorset
- Dog Friendly Devon and Cornwall
- Dog Friendly Hampshire and Sussex
- Dog Friendly Midlands
- Events we have attended!
- Camping and Exploring Publications
- Friends of Camping and Exploring with Dogs (Companies we LOVE!!!)
- Product Reviews
- The Camping and Exploring with Dogs Greyt Charity Dog Meet 2013
- Our Videos! (Opens in Youtube)
- Pedigree Joint Care + 6 Week Trial - My Journal
- Essential Equipment for Camping and Exploring with Dogs *work in progress*
- Rainbow Bridge
Wednesday, 9 November 2011
Birdland - Bourton-on-the-Water
We visited Birdland in June with the hoomans - yes they really do allow dogs in here.
The car park is quite big but was also pretty busy when we visited. A short walk around the corner from the car park is the entrance to birdland, you go up to like a little turnstile and a lady takes your money through a window (it's the side of the gift shop).
Birdland has a nice array of birds to visit, king penguins, humbold penguins, pelicans, 13 species of pigeons, parrots, cranes, storks, flamingos and more. Cat loved the little penguins and one of them in particular loved her. (see photo)
They also have some trout (it use to be a trout farm). A picnic area, cafe, play area, soft play, discovery zone, displays, lecture hall, a nature walk, and inside enclosures, e.g. the desert zone and a gift shop which stocks a wide range of merchandise, memorabilia, snacks and ice cream .
Adults: £7.25 Children: £5 Under 3: free student £6.50 carers: £3
Great day out, we would visit again. Also, Bourton on the water is a lovely little village (they have a christmas shop which is open all year round)
5 OUT OF 5
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment